How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for the Jan. 15, 2022 class. Due to the COVID-19 virus impacts on education, we are expecting a larger than normal application volume for the next class. We recommend completing your application now, so that you can be considered for admissions. To join our Academy, first make sure you meet the Eligibility Requirements.
Eligibility Requirements: Are you eligible to apply? If you answer “Yes” to all the questions below, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- Volunteer for the program.
- 16-18 years old (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program).
- High school dropout or at risk of dropping out due to credit deficiency.
- A resident of Washington State and a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Unemployed or underemployed.
- Free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings.
- Willing to be free from use of illegal drugs or substances while enrolled in the program.
- Physically and mentally capable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodation for physical and other disabilities.
STEP ONE: All APPLICANTS to the WYA must attend a Virtual Information Session (Zoom), as part of the Application requirements. Sign up below.
Complete the APPLICATION and SUBMIT the supporting documents. You will have 30 days after submitting the online application to complete your application. Incomplete applications are not considered for admissions.
After your application is complete, it will be
reviewed by the WYA Application Panel. You will be contacted by email
after the review process has been completed.
If your application is accepted by the WYA Application Panel, you will be invited to an Onsite Assessment Day on our campus, about 2 weeks before the class begins. More information to follow.
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
Phone: (877) 228-8947
Documents can be submitted by:
• Scan/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax - (360) 473-2623
**Remember, you are applying to attend an Academy that is FREE. This is a
$24,000 scholarship per cadet from the State of Washington and the Department of Defense. If you need assistance in filling out any of the application forms our staff is available to provide assistance! ***