Disaster Ready Washington
Preparedness is everyone’s job. Preparedness is not just for government agencies, but all sectors of society. Service providers, businesses, civic and volunteer groups, industry associations and neighborhood associations, as well as every individual person should plan ahead for disaster. During the first few hours or days following a disaster, essential services may not be available. People must be ready to act on their own for at least two weeks. Be Prepared. Build Kits. Help Each Other. Download our brochure and add the emergency information card, as well. When an earthquake strikes, where will you be? Do you know what to do?
Preparedness advice during a pandemic
FREE WEBINAR from July 21.
Thank you for those who joined us for our webinar where we talked about how to prepare for all hazards during COVID-19. Joining our agency were officials from Bellevue Office of Emergency Management, Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management, the emergency management division for the city of Marysville and a public health expert from Eastern Washington. Topics included financial preparedness, mental health support and online safety.
References for the Webinar
Map Your Neighborhood
Sign up for local alerts
Outreach Activity Requests
Publication Order Form
How You Should Prepare
- Threats and hazards facing Washington State
- Individuals and Families
- Watch our Preparedness Videos (in multiple languages)
- Sign up for the Great Washington ShakeOut
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- American PrepareAthon!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Weather Service
- United States Geological Survey – All Hazards
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- American Red Cross
- University of Washington Seismic Center
- Washington State Department of Ecology
- Washington State Department of Health
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources
- Washington State Department of Transportation
- Western States Seismic Policy Council
- The Great ShakeOut - Earthquake Awareness
- Take Winter By Storm
- What to do to Make it Through
- Just in Time (videos)